Treasured Orinda Country Club Estate
Main House: 5 Bedroom | 5.5 Bathroom | 4,570± Sq. Ft. | 2.04± Acre Lot | Built In 1941
Guest Cottage: 2 Bedroom | 1.5 Bath | 1,038 ± Sq. Ft.
Click below to view:
On the market for the first time in 80 years, this treasured 2.04± acre Orinda Country Club estate is ready for a new owner to create their dream home! Owned and loved by one family, this oak-studded property was transformed from an empty lot into a magical oasis and was the backdrop of many family gatherings and celebrations. This charming, ranch-style home was built in 1941 and was remodeled and expanded throughout the years. The property also includes a two-bedroom guest cottage with separate, gated entrance.
Over eight decades, the owner and a team of expert landscape designers created one of the most impressive private gardens in the Bay Area. Featured in several publications, the grounds showcase an expansive display of horticulture and a thoughtful array of seasonal plants that bloom year-round. This one-of-a-kind property includes meandering rock pathways, terraced gardens, four koi ponds, pool, and rose garden.
- The light-filled main house has been expanded over time (enjoy as-is or create your dream home)
- Formal living room and spacious dining room open to sunporch
- Kitchen with high ceilings opens to sitting area with fireplace
- Additional rooms include a family room, mudroom and paneled den with fireplace
- Primary retreat includes two dressing room areas and bathroom with sauna
- Four secondary bedrooms and three full bathrooms complete the bedroom wing
- The private location features two gates on each side of the crescent driveway
- Expansive brick patio anchors the back of the home and is perfect for indoor/outdoor living
- Additional exterior features: Pool, level lawn areas and mature gardens showcasing camelias, rhododendrons, Dogwood trees, roses and more!
- The property also includes a two bedroom guest cottage with separate, gated driveway
- Located near Lake Cascade and the Orinda Country Club, this home is a short drive from downtown Orinda, BART, HWY 24, top-rated Orinda School District schools, and is less than 20 miles from San Francisco.
No Open Houses and No Broker Tours. According to CCAR guidelines, residential viewings may only occur virtually, or, if virtual viewing is not feasible and the residence is unoccupied, by appointment only with no more than two visitors from the same household and one person showing the unit. All parties to sign Coronavirus Property Entry Advisory and Declaration prior to any showing and all parties to follow suggested sanitation guidelines. Please contact Listings@DanaGreenTeam.com for additional virtual marketing and any other questions.
Compass is a real estate broker licensed by the State of California and abides by Equal Housing Opportunity laws. License Number 01991628. All material presented herein is intended for informational purposes only and is compiled from sources deemed reliable but has not been verified. Changes in price, condition, sale or withdrawal may be made without notice. No statement is made as to accuracy of any description. All measurements and square footage are approximate.